Whether you work full-time at home or occasionally need to conduct business in the evenings or on the weekends, a home office is a great way to utilize an extra room. A dedicated workspace in your home can be designed to increase productivity and comfort and become the office of your dreams. Here are 5 ideas to get you started.
- Invest in a good office chair. Investing in an ergonomic office chair is essential. You may be spending anywhere from 30 to 50 hours a week sitting in it, so your back will thank you. Purchasing one with multiple adjustments is ideal so it fits you just right.
- Switch up your lighting. Fluorescent lighting has been proven to be hard on the eyes. Make the switch to LED or halogen light bulbs in your home office and try to let in as much natural light as possible. Also, consider finding a desk lamp to reduce headaches and eye strain.
- Keep essentials in reach and organized. Nothing says productivity like a clean, neat workspace. Select a desk with a lot of storage or install creative shelving to keep items like pens, pencils, extra batteries, calculators, notepads, and more stored within arm’s reach.
- Decorate bright. Pick a color you love and use it to spice up the room. Use cheery yellow or red or relaxing tones like green and blue, instead of beiges and browns.
- Aim for the view. If possible, place your desk so you are facing a window instead of a blank wall. Natural light can do wonders for staying alert and you can give yourself a short mental break when necessary by looking to the outdoors.
No space in your home for a home office? Is it time to upgrade? To learn more about listing your home with us review our step by step guide.
I gave up my city office in 2019, came home to work from my basement. I quickly discovered that was not a good option. In 2020 I build my own home office! This is the office of my dreams!
Subscribe to my monthly market report simply follow this link and enter your email address!